Friday, December 2, 2011

What are you waiting for? Use the good china.

I have a new addiction-- it's called Pinterest and it's wonderful! I absolutely love seeing what everyone pins on their boards... It's like a picture version of an "About Me" book. You really can learn so much about your friends, in addition to learning great recipes, home decor ideas, fashion trends, etc. Practically anything you could ever want a picture of can be found on Pinterest... And if you can't find it, you can upload it yourself.

{Here's the link to my Pinterest boards: http://pinterest.com/briannacannon/}

While browsing through some pins, I saw the pin I have posted below, which reads, "I have an irrational fear of wasting a good outfit on an insignificant day". While I know this pin is just intended to give the viewer a good laugh, I think a large majority of ladies out there really can relate to this point of view. But not me... I feel differently about this.

I firmly believe in looking nice every day just because it makes me feel good. I love to wear cute outfits even if my day consists of nothing more than grocery shopping. There have even been days when I have worn a cute outfit and literally never left my house. Why? Because I like to wear cute clothes, regardless of who sees me wearing them. I don't feel the need to "save them" for a more important day. After all, our days are numbered... Right? So why wait? I have the same opinions about china, crystal and jewelry... What are you waiting for? You don't think it's ok to have a glass of wine after work poured into a crystal glass? I do. In fact, I use crystal stemware quite often. And why not wear pearls or diamonds with a t-shirt? If you have it and it's pretty-- wear it!

Am I afraid of ruining something nice? Naahh. There's not much that can't be replaced. (Granted, if I had something that was absolutely irreplaceable, that might be different.) For the most part, however, I'd say not using the nice things you own instead of taking on the small chance that something might get damaged with more frequent use is just a sad situation.

My advice: Dress up! I think it's fun and it always makes me feel good. Break our your fine jewelry just for the heck of it, and use the nice dishes more than once in a blue moon-- you're worth it :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of the best blog post EVER. I totally agree, why wait! If you're having a good day, make yourself a nice dinner and use that fine china. Bad day? Pull out that fine china and crystal. By the end of the night, you will have had a good laugh. It's not an every night thing, but often enough. Treat yourself like the royalty that you are...

Wear those pearls, girl!

Brianna 'Haggerty' Cannon said...

THANK YOU! So glad you enjoyed it :) And I agree with your point of view completely! Glad we share the same opinion :)