Tuesday, December 27, 2011

B.Cannon Look Book


This Christmas eve, I spent most of the day at work. 
That may sound awful, but I have to remind myself that I am incredibly fortunate to work for such a wonderful company and to have such a great group of co-workers who make each day fun. Additionally, on Christmas Eve we are allowed to wear normal clothes instead of our uniforms-- which is really exciting for someone who has to wear the same thing 5 out of 7 days of the week!

The only restriction was that our look had to be business casual and work appropriate, of course. I have a slight obsession with suits {tweed suits in particular}, and I probably have 10 of them that I never get to wear, so I knew I wanted to incorporate one of my suits in my look. I also thought that wearing a suit would look professional and help clients to differentiate me as an employee from the rest of the swarms of people in our store. {Seriously, you would not believe how busy our store was during the days leading up to Christmas.} I also knew that I wanted to wear my fabulous Louis Vuitton belt that my parents gave me for my birthday... so, this is what I came up with:
{sorry for the poor photo, this was taken via iPhone after working a full day, then driving 3.5 hours to Elgin on Christmas Eve}


Ann Taylor tweed suit jacket & skirt 
Ann Taylor LOFT blouse
Louis Vuitton belt
Express hounds-tooth tights
Tory Burch wedges
Ann Taylor LOFT silver & gold chain necklace
Louis Vuitton bow bracelet (not visible)
David Yurman cuff bracelets (not visible)

Why it works: 
Tweed is super timeless, sophisticated, and classy all at the same time. Additionally, black and white is always an ultra chic combination. I chose to wear the hounds-tooth tights to give the look more texture without adding contrast {as I mentioned before, mixing different textures of the same color is a very chic way to give dimension to your look without losing sophistication by adding too many colors}. The bright red and fuchsia blouse adds a festive pop of color, and the ruffle down one side of the neckline gives a funky yet feminine touch to the look. I love the belt with this look, as the silver and gold tie nicely together with the necklace, bracelets, and the gold hardware on the shoes; it makes a statement without looking out of place because of it's neutral palette. 

Style Challenge:
Add a single pop of bright color to a neutral look. If you're wearing all brown, add a pop of bright teal or orange. If you're wearing gray, add some yellow or purple. If you're wearing black, just about any pop of color will do... although red is my favorite combination with black and white. {And don't forget about layering and mixing textures of the same color to give your look more depth and dimension}!

XO,
B.CANNON

No comments: