Monday, December 5, 2011

Louis Vuitton {Galleria Dallas} Holiday Dinner!

On Sunday night, the employees from our store gathered together for a Christmas Dinner to kick off the holiday season! I was in charge of arranging the dinner {which I was really excited about} so I wanted to make sure we got the most bang for our buck! I was really pleased with how everything turned out!

I chose to make reservations with the restaurant in the Le Meridien hotel. A representative from the hotel came to our store several months ago to tell us about the renovations that have been completed, and she urged me to consider Le Meridien for a future event or party. Well, her efforts paid off because when it came time to plan this party, they were the first place that came to mind. I was hoping that since they have undergone a renovation recently, and they were sending people out to drum up some business, they might be willing to give us a great deal on a pretty fancy menu for our dinner. I was right-- they were absolutely willing to work with my requests, and they created a fabulous menu for us that was exactly within our budget after tax and gratuity. Shall we say-- impressive!

Our meal consisted of: 

  • A salad with candied pecans, dried cranberries and crostini, with a white balsamic vinaigrette dressing
  • Butternut squash bisque (so yummy-- this was my favorite!!) 
  • Steak fillet 
  • Seared Atlantic salmon with a lobster and shrimp warm salad with a chardonnay butter-sauce
  • Steamed winter vegetables 
  • Pumpkin risotto
  • Yule log for dessert 
  • 2 glasses of wine per person   

Yum, yum and more yum!!

After our dinner concluded, we played Catch Phrase! If you haven't played that game, you need to go buy it right now! It's SO.MUCH.FUN. We laughed SO hard!! It was a wonderful time. In whole, our dinner was around 4 hours long!

Here are just a couple photos... the first one (of the hotel) I got from the Le Meridien website. Unfortunately I forgot my camera and the lighting was dim, so I didn't get many good photos. Although, one of our associates (Judy) brought her camera and took some group photos, so when I get those from her I will post them :)

Le Meridien Hotel
Some of my co workers :)
My favorite part of dinner-- the Butternut Squash Bisque 
Yule Log for dessert!
My favorite Vuittonite, Kyle!

No comments: