Tuesday, February 21, 2012

What we've been up to lately...

To fill everyone in on what's been going on with the Cannon's lately, here's a little run-down: 

My dad turned 50 on January 30th, but we celebrated his birthday with him this past weekend when he came in town and stayed with us for the weekend. I wanted to surprise him with something really awesome for his gift since turning 50 is a pretty big deal, so we ended up getting him a Sony Tablet (he saw one at the Sony Store a few months ago and went on and on about it)! My Grandma Dottie (my dad's mom) contributed to the cost of the Tablet, which made this gift possible-- thank you, Grandma! My dad was totally shocked when he opened his gift, which made me really happy! After opening presents, we went to dinner at The Cheesecake Factory. It was SO yummy, as always! 

---

I have been studying like crazy for my grad classes-- and it's paying off! I've received a 100% on every single assignment! I had my first exam about a week and a half ago, but the grades aren't final yet-- so I'll be anxious to find out how I did!! :) 

---

I was a guest speaker at the TCU Merchandising Matters Symposium! I had a great time because I always love visiting the TCU campus, and I also got to see several former classmates. The Merchandising Matters Symposium is basically a series of round table discussions organized by the Design, Merchandising and Textiles department at TCU for Junior and Senior level students to meet and ask questions to industry professionals. I remember going to this symposium when I was in school, and it was kind of amazing to be there again, but on the other side of the table!! I've already received several emails from students that I spoke with at the Symposium, thanking me for my advice and for taking the time to speak with them about my career and Louis Vuitton as a company. 
...Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside :)
{I didn't take any pictures of my look for the symposium, which is so sad because it was a SUPER fab look... oh well, maybe I'll wear it again sometime!} 

---

Eric and I went to the season opener TCU Baseball game against Ole Miss! Although the Frogs lost, it was super fun to see our friends! After the game, we went to dinner with everyone-- Jim, Sean, Bobby, Chelsea, and Wade! But have no fear, the Frogs beat Ole Miss during the next game that next Sunday ;) 

---

Today is GO PURPLE Tuesday! I'm wearing my purple and white oxford Polo-- GO FROGS!!!

XO,
B.CANNON

No comments: