Sunday, January 22, 2012

B.Cannon Look Book


Sorry it's been so long since my last Look Book post! It sounds lame, and I promise not to continue using this as an excuse, but I just started my graduate program so I spent a good amount of time on my days off this past week trying to familiarize myself with everything. I'm taking 2 classes through The University of North Texas and they're both online-- my first time ever taking online classes! It's definitely different, but I think I'm going to do well. {Thank goodness I'm already very used to being on my computer a lot!}

So, without further adieu, here's one of my looks from the past couple weeks! 


Banana Republic jacquard a-line jacket in brown and gold
BCBG Maxazria gray cowl neck sweater
True Religion boot leg denim pants
Tory Burch brown wedges
Louis Vuitton gray belt with gold "LV" buckle

Why it Works: 
I won't lie, every time I wear boot leg jeans I feel dated. Skinny pants are so in style right now that I almost never wear anything else. However, this look is fun and trendy enough to compensate for the boot leg jeans. With that being said, if you're going to wear a boot leg denim pant, be mindful of what you pair with them so your look feels current and fashion forward. This look is sophisticated and casual at the same time, and I must say that I am in love with this jacket. I've had it for years, but the super timeless A-Line silhouette (reminiscent of Jackie O) makes it a staple that can be appropriately incorporated into any look regardless of the current trends. Plus, the combination of colors (brown and gold) along with the heavy, jacquard woven fabric gives it a super luxurious feel. Additionally, this color palette in general (all neutrals-- brown, gray, and gold tones) adds to the sophistication of this look. The gold hardware on the belt and the shoes is a fun and trendy addition that play off the metallic gold of the jacket, elevating the look and making it more polished or "finished". In this look, the belt is used in place of any other major accessory, such as a statement necklace or earrings. It's important to accessorize, but it's also important not to over accessorize :)

Style Challenge:
Try breaking out an item in your wardrobe that you've had for years and make it look current by pairing it with the right items that are on-trend. Also, challenge yourself to find an alternate way to accessorize than your normal routine. If you always find yourself throwing on a necklace, try wearing a scarf or a belt instead. If you're lacking accessories all together, challenge yourself to add a major accessory with every look! And remember to layer, layer, layer! 

Happy styling!

XO, 
B.CANNON



No comments: