Wednesday, November 30, 2011

BIRTH-DAY-PAR-TAY!

Wow... I have several things to blog about since my last birthday post!

This time of year always gets so crazy busy! It all starts with my birthday, then a week later it's Thanksgiving, Black Friday (the Holidays in retail are NUTS for those of you who have never had the pleasure of experiencing it first hand), decorating for Christmas, Holiday parties, Christmas, New Years... WHEW!! It's exhausting to just write about!

First things first--- Let's recap my super fun Birthday Party!!

{Really quick-- I'd like to take a moment to say that I LOVE BIRTHDAYS; my birthday, Eric's birthday, your birthday, my parent's birthday, my grandparent's birthday... I love them ALL. I don't understand why some people make birthdays out to be a small occasion that are not worthy of celebrating-- that's just silly. First of all, who needs a more legitimate excuse to celebrate your life or the life of someone else, and secondly, having a birthday to celebrate is much happier than the alternative-- haha!}

With that being said, this year I wanted to celebrate my birthday by having a dinner party with several of my amazing friends! I decided to have the dinner at Javier's in Dallas. {For those of you who are not familiar with Javier's, it's basically a little gem of a Mexican food place right in the middle of Dallas near Highland Park. It's practically famous with Dallas locals and it's been around for over 30 years.} The restaurant offers some really fabulous private dining areas, so I was hoping for a good amount of RSVP's that would allow us to reserve one of the private rooms without struggling to meet the food and beverage minimum of $800.

I made a guest list and Eric sent out email invitations to everyone from Paperless Post... {if you have not used Paperless Post, you need to start. It's amazing. And it has an iPhone ap.} The next step was just waiting for people to RSVP. I think my guest list consisted of around 35 people, with the assumption that probably half or a little less than half would be available to attend. Well, to my very excited surprise, almost EVERYONE was able to attend-- a total of 24 people!! Needless to say, we had no problem filling the private room! Haha!

We had SUCH a great time, and I absolutely LOVED seeing some of my friends that I don't get to see all the time. I'm so thankful for all of the super wonderful people that I have in my life, and I want to thank each person who attended my dinner for helping make my birthday a memorable one!!

Here it goes... Thank you to:
Athena (she told me she wasn't able to come because she lives in Abilene now... And then she came and surprised me!! Best friend ever!!),
Athena's sister Courtney,
Devin and Stan,
Corbin, Jared, Ashley, and Ryan (who all made the hour drive to Dallas from Fort Worth),
Leslie and Keith,
Carly and Ryan,
Kyle, Kellie, and Adam,
Jim, Sean, Bobby, Chelsea, and Ross,
And last but certainly not least,
my wonderful brother, Trevor,
and my amazing husband, Eric!

Speaking of amazing husband, when the dinner was concluding, all of the sudden the lights in the room dimmed and in came the most amazing birthday cake! Eric had the lady who made our wedding cakes (Donna Nino from Opulent Cakes) design a cake that looked like a Louis Vuitton hat box! It was amazing and such a fun and incredibly thoughtful surprise! ...and not to mention, SO YUMMY! It was white chocolate cake with 3 layers of raspberry filling!

After dinner, we went to Corner Bar (walking distance from Javier's) and continued the fun! It was a great night! I'd also like to give a very special THANK YOU to my little brother for being our designated driver! It definitely wouldn't have been as much fun if Eric had to refrain from drinking so he could drive us home.

I'd say my 26th birthday celebration was quite a hit-- I hope everyone had as much fun as I did!

Here are some pictures for you to enjoy of the party invitation from Paperless Post, the private room at Javier's, my fabulous cake, and all of my wonderful friends who attended!

No comments: