For the past couple months, ever since Eric and I received word that I was being promoted to the Galleria with LOFT, we have been looking for houses that are located centrally for our jobs. Additionally, when I applied for the position with Louis Vuitton, we knew I'd be working at the Galleria either way-- with LOFT or with Louis Vuitton. My drive to the Galleria from our current house is about an hour and a half!!!!!!! Thus, you can understand the urgency in finding a new home! (Although, we did have plans to move this year anyway, because we are simply outgrowing our current home.)
We ended up finding the perfect house in a beautiful suburban area called Trophy Club, Texas. This area is absolutely perfect because it's located smack-dab in the middle of Fort Worth and Dallas! We didn't want to be too far from our beloved TCU Horned Frogs since we are season ticket holders for Football and Baseball, but Eric nor I wanted to continue paying for my outrageous gas bills that were adding up quickly!
In addition to the beautiful area and location, this particular house is exactly what we have been looking for! Let me tell you a little about it:
1. It's a new construction home by Pulte-- never lived in!!
2. It's 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms with an office, game room, media room, formal living and dining, 2 car garage, and a beautiful backyard.
3. It's brick/stone combination-- which we LOVE-- and it has a cedar garage door!!
4. The kitchen it TO DIE FOR!! Granite counters, dark wood knotty alder cabinets, a huge wooden hood over the stove, stainless steel appliances, 2 sinks, 2 islands, double oven, gas cook-top... the WORKS!! Now, THIS is the kind of kitchen that will make me want to cook!!
5. Dark, hand scraped wood floors... enough said!
6. Brushed bronze hardware in all bathrooms and the kitchen.
7. PERFECT floor plan for entertaining.
8. Massive master closet.
9. Floor to ceiling stone fireplace with dark wood mantle.
10. There's crown molding in the garage... I mean, REALLY? It's incredible!! We are in LOVE with it.
Now don't get me wrong-- Not everything about this process has been rainbows and butterflies!!!! The ONLY easy part was finding the perfect house... and then began the purchasing process. Being a first time home buyer, I had no idea how dreadful this process would be, but Eric, being an experienced buyer and owner of 2 houses that we plan to keep as rental properties, knew exactly what to expect. He told me throughout the entire process to contain my excitement until we sign all the closing documents and they hand us the keys. They threw us through SO many loops and there were several times where it seemed like the whole thing might fall apart... but it looks like everything is actually going to happen!
I guess my excitement is a little premature because we haven't been given the keys yet... BUT we are going to the title company for closing today at 4:00pm!! I think it's appropriate to start getting excited at this point, don't you think? I just can't contain it anymore!!
Here are some of the pictures we have taken of this beautiful house that we can call our own after we close this evening!! Don't worry... there will be many more pictures to come!!
I just can't get over the crown molding in the garage... that's just too funny. I love it!
We appreciate all of the prayers that we have received from family and friends throughout this process, and we are SO thankful that it's finally coming to an end! We look forward to hosting many family gatherings, football watching parties, and barbecues in the future!! Be on the lookout for your housewarming party invitation in the next couple months!! :)